How is that even possible? I thought I got a great deal when I flew one way New York to London for $286.. now i’ve figured out how to get roundtrip for less than that! (Click here to see my NORWAY blogs)
Ok so follow these instructions VERY carefully as it involves two languages!
- Go to norwegian.com and select NORWAY as the place of origin. (trust me) It should now look like this:
- This will leave all the instructions in Norwegian.. open a separate tab on your browser to translate anything you want to by clicking here.
- In the “Fly Fra”type JFK if you want to fly from New York, or USA if you are closer to other airports listed in America. (flights from JFK tend to be the cheapest, but it may be cheaper from other airports for you, than traveling to NY to fly out)
- “Fly Til” type Oslo and select the “flyplasser” which means all airports. Oslo is in Norway which gets you into Europe.. don’t worry.. if your final destination is elsewhere, I address that here
- In the date boxes underneath, pick the closest “Tirsdag” or tuesday to the date you want to leave, and then in the retur, again pick the closest tuesday to the date you want to return. Tuesdays are typically the cheapest days, but to be sure you are getting the cheapest flight…
- Check the “Vis Laspriskalender” to activate the low price calender.
- Click on the Red Button
- You should now be looking at something like this. Don’t freak out, the prices are in Norwegian Krone, which is why we filled it out in Norwegian. The cost is less if using Norwegian Airlines as a Norwegian! Bare with me 😉
- Now look thru the calendar for the lowest numbers. Just to give you a guide. 1500 krone is currently $170 (Jan 3 2015) On my example calendar you can see that the cheapest dates in February to make this trip will be Friday February 5th for 1108K or $125 and return on Feb 25th for 1299K or $147. A grand total of $272 round trip from New York to Norway.
- Select the red button once you have selected your flight dates.
- Now you should have a screen that looks like this
- The categories of flight are broken down into several classes. I typically fly “Lowfare” as I backpack, and 1 hand luggage less than 10kg is all i travel with. It saves me tons on all of my flights, but if you aren’t comfortable traveling with so little, then the LowFare+ may be your option. This gives you the carry on luggage as well as one checked bag of 20kg for an additional $40 ish per flight. Bare in mind, if you are taking one of my later featured $10-$30 flights to other parts of Europe, you will incur an additional $15 per flight to check that bag on all of those flights also.. not to mention, carrying it everywhere.. I will write another blog eventually about how to pack one backpack for six months, but to summarize it, i use vacuum bags to compress my clothes, making an arch inside my backpack, and then stuff the middle with my camera, tripod, toiletries and chargers.
- The site will automatically default you to the lowest prices, but just double check that before scrolling down to the red button Ga bestilling.
- Scroll down to the last red button that says “Jeg vil bestille, men ønsker ikke å lage en ny profil” which means continue without making a profile.
- Fill these fields out using your translator tab.
- Congratualtions!!! You’re flying to Norway!